Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your help is appreciated....here is the situation:

I'm having a custom cabinet built in a corner of my family room to house a future HDTV Theater (TV, DVD, XBOX, Cable Box, etc). I'm trying to figure out what is the best power system I can buy without breaking the bank.

I am sure that I will need at least 7 outlets maybe 8. I went to monstercable.com but I hear they are overpriced and was hoping for a better and hopefully more cost effective solution??

On top of that, I just noticed that the outlet in the area where my system will be installed is not grounded! I am sure I will have to ground this prior to connecting any power management device rather than just using those 79 cent "adapters" from home depot :) How difficult is this?

Thanks in advance!

Luis

·
Registered
268 Posts
First remove the outlet (make sure the power is off to that circuit) Just because the outlet is two prong does not necessarily mean there is no ground wire to the box. You may only have to replace the outlet with a grounding type and nothing more. I use a lighted rack power conditioner with eight outlets on the back. It is one space high and has two pullout down lights that are dimmer controlled. Not the best out there but cost me only 75.00. Has a re-set breaker as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.