AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else, far out from Chicago, who has picked up several of Chicago's HDTV stations regularly, had reception problems recently? Could it be they aren't sending out their HDTV signals at full power?

·
Registered
516 Posts
riaford,

I have watched WLS-DT here in South Bend lately and Signal Strength compares normal to readings I have been observing ever since I bought my RCA DCT-100 last December.

Monday evening WLS-DT measured 76 (higher than normal); it usually reads in the 50's.

My home is 75 miles from Sears Tower, and my antenna for WLS-DT is a ch. 50 yagi w/preamp mounted at top of a 20-ft mast attached to the chimney of my 2-story brick house (used mainly for watching UPN on WPWR).

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wonder if the problem you are experiencing is related to weather or changes in the season.

Here is a good recent post regarding how changes in the seasons can be expected to affect reception.

We've seen many new reception issues here in Atlanta with the falling of the leaves and increased wind.

·
Registered
965 Posts
My own experience over the past year bears testament to Lee's excellent post.

With the arrival of Spring, my reception improved. I had few problems throughout the Summer. As we moved into late September and early October, reception became more spotty as reflected (pun intended) by the signal meter on my DTC100.

I've now lost my FOX signal completely. The only way to get it back, is to place my antenna in a location that knocks out the other three digital stations. :(

·
Premium Member
11,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Linda Britt
My own experience over the past year bears testament to Lee's excellent post.

With the arrival of Spring, my reception improved. I had few problems throughout the Summer. As we moved into late September and early October, reception became more spotty as reflected (pun intended) by the signal meter on my DTC100.

I've now lost my FOX signal completely. The only way to get it back, is to place my antenna in a location that knocks out the other three digital stations. :(
Linda,

sounds like you need a rotator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.