AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to decide my best buy for my subwoofer setup, and these Powerbass brands (3XL & 2XL) are some of my candidates, but I can't find much info on the web regarding their quality.

My main focus is SQ, and SPL is secondary. Are there any people here with experience on these subs, regarding their SQ ability? Specifically, I'm comparing them versus the Rockford Fosgate, mainly the T112d4 and T115d4. The Kicker CVX 12'' is also in my candidates list.

Anyone with experience with these subs, please provide insights onto the Powerbass SQ quality versus the other subs I mentioned.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you're right. Unfortunately, I only have availability to purchase those subs. While they are not SQ subs, one of them still has to offer the best SQ, and that's the help I need here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to buy two Polk SR124-DVC, and want the best SQ out of them, but also want some SPL, even though that is secondary.

So, can the enclosure you suggested take the best SQ from them? I ask since I heard the sealed enclosure that Polk recommends can deliver even better SQ.

In other words, between the port you suggested, and the sealed polk suggests, which is a better SQ setup?

And, which of them can deliver more SPL?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm about to buy the RF T1500 to power the polks, but if you think there is a better amp, please suggest me so I might reconsider my amp purhcase. I need the amp to power the polks up to 700 rms each of them, and to take the best SQ possible from the subs too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been looking for many amps that fit my budget constraint for amps, and besides the RF 1500 found these ones:

Boss CW3500D

MB Quart DSC 2000.1D

Polk Audio PA1200.1

Power Acoustic BAMF5500/1D

Soundstorm CR5000.1

Autotek AT2000.1

Quantum QCa4500D Cozmik

JL Audio - G-MAX

For moving two polk SR124-DVC subs to their max potential, achieving the best SQ combination, can you suggest if any of those amps is better than the RF 1500?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately, that sundown amp goes beyond my budget for amp. I got a max of $430 to spend, and the amps I posted fit inside my budget.

Either help me choose the best of those amps, or if they are that bad, please help me find a good amp that does not surpass my budget amp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, the mb quart has very good prices, so good that I'm kinda of scared to buy the amp! But if you are suggesting it is because it should be actually good.

I will reconsider my purchase from the RF T1500 to the mb quart DCS2000. I hope that the later amp can deliver better SQ than the former one, since that's one of my mayor concerns regarding the amp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts