AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting this thread to let PB members know that our dealer just got in his "second shipment" of Pro 1000's. If you are on the waiting list, contact him today. If anyone is interested, he has 1 or 2 left that are not spoken for, feel free to PM me.

More importantly, I would like some feedback from those of us who took part in the PB. Maybe MAB and RobD could post here and let us know what the status is with their pixel mapping. I already know that our price is extremely low, I have yet to see lower but, I want to know if everyone is happy, I am.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
While I had my concerns about shipping in such an expensive item, I can say that it was well packed and came via 2 day air. I don't think the price can be beat and now I am glad that I didn't spend a premium on a local dealer. I'm one happy camper and will be even more so today when my HD receiver comes. Thanks Eric.

p.s. I'm still waiting for the Urishi frame powersell:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm extremely happy with the purchase. The only issue as you know is my 2 dead pixels. I called Pioneer this morning and although he couldn't actually tell me what the policy was (he even went to look for it), he said that a number of dead pixels are normal and are not considered a defect. He actually told me up to 3% was ok and I just laughed and said you'd better get the policy nailed down since no consumer will accept 3% defect.

So I asked him how to get into the integrator menu. He said it didn't have one. So I asked about a service menu. He said it had one but that if I accessed it, it would void my warranty (I call BS on that one). Anyways, he said that you can only get to it through RS232 but he wouldn't tell me how.

I asked him if the orbiter was on by default on the Pro1000 - he said the Pro1000 didn't have an orbiter mode which I find odd.

I guess we'll just have to get into the service menu and find out what's going on.

But in any case, I'm very happy with the purchase, the price and the delivery. All went well - thanks Eric!

·
Super Moderator
21,596 Posts
Very pleased with the product and the transaction:)

No dead pixels, extremely quiet fans, and we LIKE the frame!

Sincere thanks to Eric and PB dealer

·
Registered
925 Posts
even better.

it means 29,491 pixels.

1280x768 = 983,040. 1% is 9,830 and change.

so if you're on the edge and only have 29,491 pixels dead, you'll need to scrounge some way to dig up one more dead pixel to put you over the edge.

:rolleyes:

that's just insane. they can't be serious.

what a crappy attitude. so when's the "powertrade-in for fujitsus" happening ;)

doody.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I must check in. The transaction with the PB dealer was perfect. He personally delivered the unit, the price is untouchable, and his customer service has no equal. I would like to thank Eric for introducing us to a such fine dealer.

MAB

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Hat: you will not get an answer here. Obviously the price was very good, hence the Powerbuy. PB members, thanks for being honorable and not mentioning the dealer and the prices, it has been a pleasure.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wasn't aware I was asking someone to breech confidence. I only asked becuase of your comment about a couple more being available. I inquired about the power buy at the outset via PM but didn't hear back. Anyway, sorry. Guess I'll just await the Panny and be happy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.