AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a mounted SP7200 set up, is it ok to put the powercord in the same cable management sleeve (PVC) as your video cables? It looks a alot cleaner but I do not want to introduce any noise into the signal.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by longshanksdvd
In a mounted SP7200 set up, is it ok to put the powercord in the same cable management sleeve (PVC) as your video cables? It looks a alot cleaner but I do not want to introduce any noise into the signal.
If you don't want an induced 60 Hz noise on top of your video signal - then don't

run your power cable and video cable in parallel in close proximity.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Morbius
If you don't want an induced 60 Hz noise on top of your video signal - then don't

run your power cable and video cable in parallel in close proximity.
What if you use a shielded power cable? And what is considered "close"? 1 mm? 1 cm? I was planning to run power cable and audio cables in parallel inside the baseboard. Video too later on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know how well the shielding works, but I would never do it, especially with audio. Any 60Hz interference will wreak havok on your bass output.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I run my projector's power cable with dual shielded RG-6 (Canare V3-5CFB) through 6 ft. of cable raceway. Doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect.

Maybe I have 60Hz noise on top of my video signal, but I certainly don't see the difference... and that's good enough for me.

James

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
do not do it if at all possible. min 3" seperation I'd shoot for 6"

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent seen any ill effects, the power cord is sheilded as is the belden 1694a and the distance is approx 10" from the ceiling to 7200 (10" of running together). However if you guys say it is bad (and my OCD listens) then away it will go...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:
I havent seen any ill effects
so why change it?

Now I'm not saying I'm exempt from this mentality, but if it makes an obvious improvement in installation asthetics, and it doesn't seem to be impacting PQ, then why change it?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally posted by jslepicka
so why change it?

Now I'm not saying I'm exempt from this mentality, but if it makes an obvious improvement in installation asthetics, and it doesn't seem to be impacting PQ, then why change it?
because reading this forum has made me mentally ill!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.