AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe not perfect. Has some stability issues on my system but it's awesome nevertheless.

It seems to play any kind of stereo 3D file without having to mess with any mode settings.

It plays every 3D BluRay I have in both full screen and in a resizable window without any problems. It also plays every stereo 3D file I downloaded from Nvidia's site and it even plays my own half res side by side mode 3D videos in 3D without having to do anything other then just drag the file into the player.

All that is necessary is a display that supports checkerboard format. That's it.

Love it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wasn't able to get it to do 3d on my tv with 3d blu-rays. Always said something like, must be in fullscreen mode to support this format. Then once you hit ok, it would crash to desktop.

Anyway, TMT3 is working fine now.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinZ28 /forum/post/19530926

Wasn't able to get it to do 3d on my tv with 3d blu-rays. Always said something like, must be in fullscreen mode to support this format. Then once you hit ok, it would crash to desktop.

Anyway, TMT3 is working fine now.

To do it the way I mentioned above, your TV needs to be in checkerboard 3D mode and PowerDVD needs to be set to output in checkerboard mode.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank /forum/post/19530959

To do it the way I mentioned above, your TV needs to be in checkerboard 3D mode and PowerDVD needs to be set to output in checkerboard mode.

I was trying, but app just crashed every time when attempting to play. Said you have some stability issues also? I'm also using an ATI HD5870 too, not Nvidia if it matters.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinZ28 /forum/post/19531299

I was trying, but app just crashed every time when attempting to play. Said you have some stability issues also? I'm also using an ATI HD5870 too, not Nvidia if it matters.

Interesting..

I've had it crash a bunch of times when playing certain files not quite sure why.

I have a Nvidia 460.

It only crashes on some of my home made 3D videos.

What build do you have?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am testing TotalMedia Theater 5 and it works just as well.

I like the way it plays in a resizable 3D borderless window on my Windows desktop.

Fantastic for casual 3D viewing while doing other things.

If I see something interesting then full screen is just a mouse click away.

I set it for auto recognition with play in 3D always turned on.

It recognized side by side automatically and displays it correctly.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing that both TotalMedia Theater 5 and PowerDVD 10 have in common is they can't deinterlace side by side 3D material. Stereoscopic Player on the other hand works perfectly in that regard.

Too bad.

·
Registered
10,965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillikan /forum/post/19553440

Apart from all the other needed things like a good video card, compatible monitor, etc can a "standard" Blu-ray drive be used to play Blu-ray 3D disks like the $79 LG WH10LS30K ?

I'm using older LG Blu-ray drives to play 3D Blu-ray. No problem. The drive pulls the 3D data off the disc just fine. It's the software that has to know what to do with it - TMT or PowerDVD 10

·
Registered
10,965 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh damn, I guess I will have to go out and buy a BR Player, which one you guys recommend?

It'll be used with a Denon 391 and the Samsung PN50C7000. I has to be a cheap one with mkv and divx support

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't quite understand what you are doing.

Are you connecting HDMI from your laptop to a Samsung 3DTV?

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's almost perfect for me except that the mouse is not working while in full screen mode.

To date I have not yet figured out why the mouse becomes inactive during FS mode.

Any one?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopho
It's almost perfect for me except that the mouse is not working while in full screen mode.

To date I have not yet figured out why the mouse becomes inactive during FS mode.

Any one?
DOesn't work when playing any media ?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/19584172

I give both of the players a c- grade where 120hz sequential 3D Vision is concerned.

I am dumping the HTPC all together and getting the Optoma adapter.

That's why I dumped 3D Vision in favor of plain old 'checkerboard'.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts