AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW, I recently upgraded to a Windows 7 machine (Dell XPS 8500)... The old XP machine had PowerDVD7 and worked just fine to play Blu-Rays and HD-DVD isos mounted on VCD. I tried to install PDVD7 on the new computer and installation failed. So, I downloaded their new version 13 trial. Blu-Ray movies pause intermittently making them un-watchable. HD-DVD movies will not play at all.

At first I thougth it was something about the new machine, but I downloaded a trial of ArcSofts player and blu-rays play correctly. I didn't try HD-DVDs yet.

Any ideas about how to get PowerDVD7 to install on Windows 7?

Regards,

Gerald

·
Registered
819 Posts
Did you download the latest build/update? I see it claims Vista compatability for the non-OEM version, it should run on Win7, you may try to install and run it in Vista-compatible mode.

I have 7.3 OEM and runs fine on Win7-64.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had assumed that any ability to download this from Cyberlink was long gone. I'll check into it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can find is a patch. I can't install the software to begin with, let alone patch it. I guess I'll have to try Cyberlink customer support and see if I can get any help there.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cyberlink's initial response is that Power DVD 7 is not compatible with Windows 7. I asked them if I could have a new installer that was Vista compatible since it was supported and should install on Win7. I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cyberlink came through with an installer that is Vista compatible. It installed on Windows 7 x64 with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.