AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently updated to version 7.3.4617.0 of Cyberlink PowerDVD (from verison that came with my Liteon BD drive) - after which I could not select the top level folder of a blu ray backup saved with anydvd HD. Not sure how to resolve that but discovered that if I right click on the BDMV\\STREAM\\00000.m2ts file and open it with PowerDVD 7.3 it will play but the language is spanish not english - anyone able to suggest what I should do to get english or somehow play the the whole blu ray back up from the directory folder under which it is all saved? This used to work with the previous verison of 7.3 - if I can't figure this out maybe just reinstalling the OEM version might be the way to go.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
They removed playback from the hard drive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - disappointing to say the least....still I can play the m2ts file but it is in spanish not english with Power DVD 7.3 - can anyone suggest how to get english when playing the BDMV\\STREAM\\00000.m2ts file?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Do like a lot of pple do. Use IMGBurn or Anydvd HD to create an ISO and Daemon tools or Slysoft's Virtual CloneDrive to mount the ISO and play with PDVD. All free sw except PDVD and Anydvd HD. But that doen't help for existing file folder rips tho. You have a choice to reconvert all to ISO's or get TMT the latter which still can play file folder rips. I reconverted all my HD DVD's and BD to ISO a while back. Used IMGBurn for the conversion from file folder rips to ISO's, ~300 at that time. Now I just store all new movies as ISO's, up to about ~500+ HDM ISO's on my servers.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I second the .iso playback. It works great for me with PowerDvd 7.3. I use it for both HD-DVD and Blue Ray disk .iso's and it works just fine.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Is there a certain 7.3 powerdvd build to use?

I am running 7.3.4211.0

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
ISO's shld work with any version.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I did Prince Caspian and it came out to 43GB. I'm now considering purchasing the 1TB Seagate drive. I tried converting to MKV but got the audio fubarred totally......maybe I'll try that again while I'm sober.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethhorwitz /forum/post/15468670

How many TB do you have? What's the average file size, in your experience, of a BD?

all my servers add up ~30+TB's (4th being built-another 10+TB's). Most DL BD movies run about 35-45GB, few may go to 48, but not much higher. Many BD SL disc is about 16-24GB. These are full discs, menu's and all the stuff.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster /forum/post/15468767

I did Prince Caspian and it came out to 43GB. I'm now considering purchasing the 1TB Seagate drive. I tried converting to MKV but got the audio fubarred totally......maybe I'll try that again while I'm sober.

No. Just watch it drunk and you'll be all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/15470358

all my servers add up ~30+TB's (4th being built-another 10+TB's). Most DL BD movies run about 35-45GB, few may go to 48, but not much higher. Many BD SL disc is about 16-24GB. These are full discs, menu's and all the stuff.

Nice. I'm in a Manhattan apartment, so square footage isn't cheap. I'd love a house that I could build a huge theater in, but the 10 minute commute makes me forget that pretty quickly.

To the OP: Sorry for the threadjack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts