AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems if I enable hardware acceleration for HD-DVD playback I get audio crackling (and, strangely enough, a little stuttering here and there in the video). Without hardware acceleration enabled I get crystal clear audio and generally more fluid video.

I almost get the impression the hardware acceleration checkbox is reversed somehow, but with it enabled my computer (graphics card, mainly) is noticeably hotter.

Any ideas?

Configuration:

Core Duo 2ghz

2gig ram

nVidia go7800, 92.91 forceware

360 Add-on HD-DVD Drive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a (dell) laptop, hence the laptop parts. So the MB is whatever Dell sticks in there. Sound is an integrated SoundBlaster. Ie, nothing special in either department. My next step is probably to look for a newer graphics driver, since it seems odd that hardware acceleration should slow down the video occasionally, but I was hopeful it might be something simple. The last problem I had was solved by reinstalling PDVD, but I've tried that already this time.

I'll check for a newer audio driver, just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.