AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me if there is a way to get audio to work when running 6071 ATI drivers? I dont recall the last ATI driver that powerdvd audio worked correctly with but it hasnt worked in quite some time for me. my primary hardware is:

abit th7 motherboard

p4 1.8 gig

ATI AIW 8500DV

soundblaster audigy ex

pioneer 106s dvd player

160gb hd X 6

·
Registered
435 Posts
What specific audio problem are you having? No audio at all, no spdif pass thru, or something else? I have never had a problem with PowerDVD and audio with my ATI card. Also what version of PowerDVD (and any patches) are you using?

Generally I would imagine that the ATI video drivers would have very little to do with any audio problems. There may be something else in your configuration that is causing the problem.

Cheers

Lester

·
Registered
988 Posts
I, too, am having no problems with 6025 drivers on XP with 7200 card, PowerDVD and an M-audio 2496. I was having video problems previously until I noticed that I was using a Radeon driver version for ME on my XP (I just built a new PC and decided to make the leap to XP). I plan on putting te 6071 drivers that were just posted on it, and if I have problems will mention it here. Again, 6025 worked just fine for me audio-wise, using the SP/DIF outputs for DD 5.1 and DTS.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello, thanks for responding. i didnt have problems with the older drivers either. the problem seems to have appeared with the 6043 and 6071 drivers. one of my pc's running the 6025 driver does not have the problem. but when i install the 6043 driver the problem appears.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well I run PowerDVD with the 6043 driver set and have no audio problems. Can you provide a few more specifics and then we can help you? We need things like OS, PowerDVD version and details of the problem.

Cheers

Lester

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.