AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My graphics card is a AMD 6670 and I check to see if it even supports these formats which it does, but neither player outputs lossless audio through HDMI. What am I supposed to check or setup? 

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Are you looking to bitstream (i.e. DD+, TrueHD, DTS-HD HR/MA) to the receiver or are you trying to get multi-channel PCM to the receiver?

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
The option to bitstream HD audio using PowerDVD won't appear until you play a Blu-Ray containing HD audio. After play begins, go into the audio options and you'll now see the option for HD audio. It will remain in effect until you change the format of the video played using PowerDVD, such as playing a DVD rip or other video format that does not contain HD audio. You'll have to select HD audio again the next time you switch back to a Blu-Ray movie. I don't recall how it's set up in TMT 5.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the same problem - I am playing ripped blu-rays - mpc hc plays the dts hd ma lossless, but tmt indicates dts only - and it does sound like the core track. Any reason for this?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerall  /t/1523717/powerdvd-and-totalmedia-theatre-5-wont-ouput-lossless-audio#post_24529366

I have the same problem - I am playing ripped blu-rays - mpc hc plays the dts hd ma lossless, but tmt indicates dts only - and it does sound like the core track. Any reason for this?

How did you get mpc hc to play dts hd ma lossless? I could only get the core only. What settings did you used?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts