AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of minor issues with dvd playback on my HTPC which is using PowerDVD v4 through a Radeon 7200.

The first problem I have which may in fact not be a "problem" at all but is irritating me slightly, and that is that when I play full screen dvd through my AE100 projector it is not projecting to the full width of the screen. There are slight black bars to the left and right as compared to where the windows desktop reaches. It's maybe 2 or 3 pixels per side narrower than my windows desktop. Any idea why this might be happening, or is it normal behaviour?

Also, I appear to be getting a green dot in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. At first I assumed this was a stuck pixel (even though I had never noticed it on another source) but when I increased resolution the green dot got smaller, implying it wasn't the projector, but the output from my PC. Any ideas what this might be and how I could go about fixing it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
For the stuck pixel, close the powerstrip tray icon. It's only present in the overlay, and not for all players. I can see it with powerdvd and ZP (regardless of the filters) but not in WinDVD.

To use the full panel, unlock the aspect ratio in PowerDVD. But then you'll have obviously a small distorsion of the picture (not noticeable for me).

Arnaud.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry to bring this up again... but although my green dot problems is now fixed (thanks very much) and the unlocking of the aspect ratio gave me almost full width, I still have very thin black lines to the left and right of the displayed image.... any more ideas as to what might be causing this?

·
Registered
140 Posts
This must be one of the dreaded narrow mastered DVD's. You would not notice this on a regular TV since it has some overscan.

You could try expanding the overlay using YxY.

Another possibility is to use TheaterTek which has this functionality built in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the black bars bring the image in narrower than the windows desktop so I assume that isn't the problem.... can also be seen on my crt monitor, so I discounted the fact that I'm not driving the whole panel

·
Registered
140 Posts
YxY is a small app that let's you position and resize the overlay.

Author is Jim Fergueson. Do a search on YxY and you'll find what you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.