AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an LG Blu-Ray player for my HTPC and I'm having a nightmare getting it to work. Non-Blu-Ray works fine. I have PowerDVD 8 and its diagnostic tool tells me that my video driver and display are not acceptable. The video card is nVidia 7600GS (acceptable according to the PowerDVD site) and I just upgraded to the latest driver (July 09), but PowerDVD says the driver needs to be updated???

The displays are another story, I have a Viewsonic 15" ve510s LCD and my projector (connected via a VGA adapter). The projector is an old Sanyo XP21N 1024x768 LCD. The PowerDVD diagnostic says they're not acceptable either, but they look great with my Dish HD channels.

Is there a way around these problems to make the disc play (even at a reduced quality) or do I need to bite the bullet and upgrade the projector (and/or video card)? I'm puzzled why I can watch Dish HD but not Blu-Ray.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Pdvd8 and HDCP won't let you have 2 displays without using something like Anydvdhd.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS for the great replies, guys!

DJWikiera:

I DID update my drivers and the Cyberlink site says the 7600 is acceptable. Just doesn't work!

steven975:

I got v8 with my LG drive, but I can't find any reference to running Blu-ray via vga. Where do you find that?

ElectricLegs:

I downloaded AnyDVDhd and it comes up along with PDVD8. But PDVD8 still stops and gives me the error box about the drivers and display. Not sure if AnyDVDhd can solve the problem since it's not just a HDCP issue. I'll have to read up more about it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I suggest that youu try only connecting one display at a time until you get each one working independently.

How do you have the 2 displays configured in clone mode or in extended desktop mode and which display is the primary display?

Does your problem occure with both 1080i/60 BRDs and with 1080p/24 BRDs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts