AVS Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 8263 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I couldn't install the patch either, but I reinstalled PDVD from the original install file and then registered again. the patch then installed fine and I can now watch HD-DVDs! 35% CPU w/o acelleration, 15-20% with.

Can see posterisation and colour banding tho... I ordered the passive 8500GT from Gigabyte so we'll see what the PQ is after that's in my machine

Will do some more testing this evening and report back!

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbawumba /forum/post/0

I couldn't install the patch either, but I reinstalled PDVD from the original install file and then registered again. the patch then installed fine and I can now watch HD-DVDs! 35% CPU w/o acelleration, 15-20% with.

Can see posterisation and colour banding tho... I ordered the passive 8500GT from Gigabyte so we'll see what the PQ is after that's in my machine

You sure you are updated to 2911? I just tried what you did and I still got the install error with the 2911 patch. Check build as follows:

How do I determine the PowerDVD build number?

To find the build number information of PowerDVD, check the About dialog. The About dialog can be accessed by:

Pressing keyboard combination key Ctrl+A

Clicking CyberLink logo on the UI

When the About dialog is open, drag your mouse cursor to the user name field and click your mouse button.

The version and build number generally might look like "7.0.2414". The number "7" is the major version number; "0" is the secondary version number and "2414" stands for the build number.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbawumba /forum/post/0

Are you using PDVD 7.2?

Thats the only version I thought had Color Banding Issues.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anyone know if there are any other 'fixes' in this patch other than:

New PowerDVD Ultra upgrade patch released today:

-Support nVidia GeForce 8000 series hardware decoding

-Support ATI X2000 series hardware decoding

Before I go through all the bother of trying to get the patch going??

Would be nice to finally play 'The Hulk' say....

Cheers

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaharia /forum/post/0

You sure you are updated to 2911? I just tried what you did and I still got the install error with the 2911 patch. Check build as follows:

How do I determine the PowerDVD build number?

To find the build number information of PowerDVD, check the About dialog. The About dialog can be accessed by:

Pressing keyboard combination key Ctrl+A

Clicking CyberLink logo on the UI

When the About dialog is open, drag your mouse cursor to the user name field and click your mouse button.

The version and build number generally might look like "7.0.2414". The number "7" is the major version number; "0" is the secondary version number and "2414" stands for the build number.

I also couldn't get the patch to install by uninstalling then re-installing. However, I was able to install the patch by uninstalling PowerDVD then deleting the entire Cyberlink directory. I then used regedit to delete every reference to PowerDVD and Cyberlink. I re-booted then installed PowerDVD. After installation, I was the able to apply the 2911 patch without error but when I check the version info it is still listed as 7.3.2605.0. The only reference to 2911 is where it says UI:2911. Could someone who has not been able to apply the patch check their version info and see what it says for UI:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pretty sad that Cyberlink didn't correct this all day and still have the bad patch on their site for download. They must have received numerous complaints.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I must say that after installing PDVD Ultra 7.3 latest build -2911- (Full Retail, not the buggy patch) all HD DVDs I own are working fine and now I can always access their menus... Casablanca, DVE, Robin Hood and Matador... all menus are now accessible. Hardware acceleration is working too (Vista 32, Nvidia 8800 GTS and Forceware 158.43 beta). Quite happy right now!

·
Registered
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubento /forum/post/0

I must say that after installing PDVD Ultra 7.3 latest build -2911- (Full Retail, not the buggy patch) all HD DVDs I own are working fine and now I can always access their menus... Casablanca, DVE, Robin Hood and Matador... all menus are now accessible. Hardware acceleration is working too (Vista 32, Nvidia 8800 GTS and Forceware 158.43 beta). Quite happy right now!

And you got that file from where? I can only find the original January 2605 file and the broken patch. Having the slipstream bits would be most helpful to everyone!

I had the same experience as everyone else with the patch - 2 missing files and the fatal error. One of those head scratchers as to how in the world that made it past testing.

edit - I just checked and the same borked file is still up there.. I submitted a complaint early this morning and they have to had a lot of them by now. Great QC! ;-)

·
Registered
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin0901 /forum/post/0

You can check the PDVD Ultra SR. The patch SR is DVD070424-02

When you apply this patch, the SR may change to DVD070424-02

Not sure what you are saying here. That is the patch number that we are saying does not install, errors twice and then a third time fatally. Are you saying you were able to install it?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The patch only crashes if you have lots of old powerdvd remnants floating about your machine. This worked for me:

Uninstall

Reboot

Delete Cyberlink directory

regedit out anything referring to cyberlink or powerdvd. Careful.....

reboot

Reinstall 7.3

Run latest patch

By the way, this update appears to screw Bluray disc playback for me. You can play the evo files, but not off disc.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
So the new protection is broken before the new discs are officially on sale, which is kinda funny. I wonder if they're going to make us update powerdvd every other week now.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm /forum/post/0

I also couldn't get the patch to install by uninstalling then re-installing. However, I was able to install the patch by uninstalling PowerDVD then deleting the entire Cyberlink directory. I then used regedit to delete every reference to PowerDVD and Cyberlink. I re-booted then installed PowerDVD. After installation, I was the able to apply the 2911 patch without error but when I check the version info it is still listed as 7.3.2605.0. The only reference to 2911 is where it says UI:2911. Could someone who has not been able to apply the patch check their version info and see what it says for UI:

I downloaded the patch, ran it without uninstalling first, and everything seemed to go fine. No errors. Checking the version info now mine matches what you describe. It still says 7.3.2605.0 for the version but has UI:2911.

P-DVD runs fine but I don't notice any significant change in CPU utlization or PQ from the previous version.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfster /forum/post/0

The patch only crashes if you have lots of old powerdvd remnants floating about your machine. This worked for me:

Uninstall

Reboot

reboot

Reinstall 7.3

Run latest patch

Thanks, just spent half an hour going through the registry and this didn't work for me.
Guess I'll just wait for the patch to be fixed.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfster /forum/post/0

Uninstall

Reboot

reboot

Reinstall 7.3

Run latest patch

By the way, this update appears to screw Bluray disc playback for me. You can play the evo files, but not off disc.

I tried the unstainll but I still could nte get it to install.

Do you mean that you cannot play BD off the BD-ROM disks or you cannot play then ripped to disk?

- Rich

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB /forum/post/0

Do you mean that you cannot play BD off the BD-ROM disks or you cannot play then ripped to disk?

- Rich

I can only play individual m2ts files. Discs, or ripped HD copies, no longer work.

1901 - 1920 of 8263 Posts