AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like PowerDVD XP is the new kid on the block. I was thinking about buying Outlaw 950 preamp/processor, but I'll have to give it a second thought, since I already have GTXP...

So what we really need now are six channel amplifiers and speakers.

How does PowerDVD XP performs on Bass Management? Is it just simple "Large/Small" speaker setting or fully adjustable crossover points for each speaker?

If it has the bass management, it is really the killer new kid on the block. I'll have to borrow Dr Brown's Dororian Timemachine to go and buy the PowerDVD XP..

If not, I'll have to look into buying Outlaw ICBM.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
ICBM, I thought those were in a treaty somewhere?:)

The GTXP with Power DVD XP offers the use of DPLII for two channel sources. This would route a discrete subwoofer channel.

The GTXP drivers will do their own form of DPLII as well, outside of Power DVD.

I would suggest that the GTXP and Power DVD XP 6 channel decoding or 8 channel decoding, won't be a match using digital out to a external pre-pro/amp. But it sure is easier to get DTS decoding than it is to get passthrough.

The Delta Theatre card will be the high end card for software multichannel decoding.

But for $100, my GTXP will work for me for now. I'm not ready to invest hundreds in interconnects and hundreds in amps and speakers to allow my system to hear the difference that a Delta Theatre could make. But some day I will.

·
Registered
830 Posts
>ICBM, I thought those were in a treaty somewhere?

You crazy Americans :)

I'm looking at 6 channel cards for the PowerDVD XP.

Maybe a CMI8738 or Hercules Crystal based card.

I hear that there's a card with a Philips or Crystal 6 channel 24/96 DAC (sorry I get confused easily :)

Because I heard the GTXP and it sounds like a Live or whatever. Certainly not 'hi-fidelity'.

In any case, I'd like an Outlaw 950 and fill up its analog multi-input with a 6 channel card and PowerDVD XP.

You can use DVDGenie to tweak the settings on PDVD XP but there's not a great deal to tweak yet.

T.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.