AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chairs recently got wet in a storm. We have to replace all carpet and such in our basement. When we went downstairs my powered chairs were in the full recline position. Yep they got wet to. After everything dried out I plugged them in and tried them. No luck the actuator does not do anything. I looked under the chairs and noticed to things, a motor and a control box. What do you think went bad? I am leaning towards the control box. Do any of you know if there is a fuse I can replace in this box? Or do you think the entire box will need to be replaced. Also do you know how I can recline the chair with out using the motor? I need to be able to fit it through the door for carpet to be laid. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Probably the best person on the AVS fourm to answer your questions is Roman. Here is his contact info:

Roman (Ultimate Home Entertainment)

E-mail: [email protected] or call him at (732) 617-2348

Sorry about your loss, we went through a tremendous hail storm two years ago that took a year to recover from. Just remember; it is just "stuff" and stuff can be replaced.

P.S. Roman posts under the name rhs on AVS

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Jmouse007,

Thanks for the references. It is rsh, though not rhs

I already talked to Aaron...

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 48 /forum/post/14196806

Also do you know how I can recline the chair with out using the motor? I need to be able to fit it through the door for carpet to be laid.

The backs of the berklines come off very easily. Unhook two clips and lift off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts