AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I picked up a 7500 Powered by ATI VC, it has VGA, DVI & Svideo ports. I have not tried different drivers yet.

Computer being built:

Soyo K7VDragon Plus

AMD 1900+ XP

PC2100 256mb RAM

IO Magic capture card

80GB HD

Antec SX1040B case

LG CD-RW/DVD-ROM

Intended Usage - DVD, Divx, MP3 playback, Divx/Mpeg creation, DVCamera Editing, possibly TiVo scaling to HD via the IO Magic & Dscaler. Connected to Toshiba TN61X81 via AA vga to component adapter.

What are the best drivers for this card running under W2K??

Also I read with interest the post regarding flashing the 7500 bios. I understand this would let me run any driver. So now for the 2nd part of my question

a) Has anybody successfully flashed the bios to make the card accept standard ATI drivers??

b) If I do flash the bios to open it up to different drivers,(and it still works) What version drivers should I use?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I successfully flashed the BIOS on my "Powered by ATI" Sapphire 7500 card.

I am now using the 6025 drivers under Win2k. These seem to be the best choice right now.

Before I flashed the BIOS I was using the 7.60 reference drivers. Which I believe are equivalent to the 3276 drivers.

-James

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi James,

Please post instructions or link to how to flash the bios on the Sapphire card. The drivers that came with the card did not allow any gamma control.

Thanks in advance!

John

Edit - found the link! Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hehe... that's amazing, I just built a system this week:

Soyo K7V Dragon Plus

Athlon XP 1800+

generic case

Radeon 7500

PC2100 512 MB Ram

40 GB Western Digital HD

and I/O Magic card (which isn't installed yet)

SCAREY!

Jim

[edit] - how hot does your chip run? Mine is between 47 to 52 C (gonna probably get another fan to see if that goes down at all...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
JamesAB,

Yes, please post details of the flash...I have a Sapphire "powered by ATI" 7500 that I'd like to flash....I downloaded the Flashradeonv201.zip file, but haven't done anything since...too chicken I guess :p

What Bios did you flash to? R7500n, R7500p, O7500n, or O7500p?

Thanks!

Rich

·
Registered
806 Posts
I know it has been said lot of times, but you can installa ATI driver on powered by cards. When setup starts it creates a folder liak ATI\\Support\\Atidrive.

Just point your driver update routine to this folder. Rules for uninstalling previous drivers apply.

bye

·
Banned
374 Posts
Does any body know if I get a "Powered By ATI" card that is RADEON 7500 LE , can I still flash it to the retail none *LE* version of the card , and what is the benefit of changing LE to the retail besides maximizing core and memory clock ?

The LE version is 64 MB SDR , will it be DDR after flashing ? :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great!!! Thanks for the info :)

Jayedeye:

Currently the 1900 is running at 39/40c, But I have 3 case fans, 4 if you count the powersupply. I have a dedicated room behind the theater that will house all my equipment, so noise is not an issue.

·
Registered
259 Posts
boykster,

It was pretty easy. After I downloaded and unzipped Flashradeonv201.zip I renamed the folder simply FLASH and put it on the root of my D:\\ drive so I could get to it easy in DOS. Then I booted to DOS, found my folder FLASH, and ran START2. The program then gives you the option to back up your BIOS, which I did. Next I chose the option to flash the BIOS and chose to flash using the Retail NTSC BIOS. The flash only took a few seconds and then I rebooted. Everything went fine so I loaded new drivers. Now I'm running the 6025 divers in Win2k.

The four files you asked about are:

R7500n - Retail 7500 NTSC

R7500p - Retail 7500 PAL

O7500n - OEM 7500 NTSC

O7500p - OEM 7500 PAL

Of course you should consider there are always dangers when flashing any BIOS. For me everything went smoothly and I'm glad I did it.

-James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.