Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have AIW 128 for 3 years now and it works perfectly with MMC 7.6 .

Now I decided to upgrade , first I found AIW 8500 is VERY VERY expinsive here in Egypt , and a separate Gigabyte 8500 + ATI T.V Wonder is WAY less than HALF the price of AIW 8500 , so I decided to go with separate .

I decided to get 8500 ONLY after knowing that at last Gamma is fixed.

Here are my questions :

1- I am very familiar with ATI AIWs , and would like to know if those two separate cards COULD work EXACTLY as AIW 8500 with MMC 7.6 .

2- Will those features like (Blended Window) that NEVER worked with my current AIW 128 , will they work with this compination?

3- The Gygabyte model that I will get MAY be Radeon 8500 LE @250-250 ,

IF I flashed this card with the Retail bios , will it realy be Radeon 8500 Retail @275-275 ?

4 - Is 8500 with Gamma fixed better than 7500 in terms of PQ ? How much better?

Thank you all in advance :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Heh, you sound just like me a few months back. I was running a TV Wonder with a Voodoo 3. I'm a gamer, so I needed to upgrade bad. In the end, I chose a normal 8500 (built by ATI). OK, to answer your questions:

1 - Pretty much. The only things the AIW has that you won't have are the remote control, and I hear the AIW has a SPDIF connector. Outside of those 2 things, you should have all of the same features and connectors. Oh right, and you won't have the digital tuner of the AIWs, but I think the TV Wonder looks pretty good.

2 - Blended Window works great :)

3 - Can't help you there.

4 - I think theoretically it's supposed to be better. Someone who knows more will probably be able to help you out more with this. I'd recommend reading the threads about the leaked 6093 drivers (they supposedly have the gamma fix).

BTW, when you install MMC 7.6 using the 8500/TV Wonder comination installed, the TV app won't install (the 7.6 TV app is meant for the AIW cards), buuuuttt......
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...eadid=33620420

(I've typed it once, so I'll save time by linking.)

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keen

Thank you so much for your reply and for your good thread in rage3d regarding my question.

Any way I have the MMC 7.6 that was 42MB file which does not need any serial or cd in drive , so I don't know if your method would work for me or not.

I still need an answer for my 3rd question regarding flashing 8500LE to a FULLY working Retail 8500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.