Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have an Eagle Aspen S-4180-GX+ multiswitch. I intend to connect a Phase III DirecTV dish to it as well as a Channel Master 3021 UHF antenna.

The S-4180-GX+ is a powered 5x8 multiswitch. Will the multiswitch act as a pre-amp, boosting the signal that it outputs?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like short answers. Thanks!

Another question. I live about 19 miles from all the HDTV towers that I want to get signals from. I am planning on installing the above antenna in my attic. I will be pointing it out of the gabled end of my attic, azimuth about 90 degrees. The gabled end of my attic is wooden.

The range of the antenna is supposedly "45 miles". I know that an attic installation typically reduces the reception by about 50%. This gives me a net range of approximately 22 1/2 miles. Do I really need a pre-amp?

·
Super Moderator
18,646 Posts
Short answer: depends on how long of a cable run you have. . Probably not if its less than 50-feet. You're still in the attic, though. Lots of potential multipath problems. Search "Attic" on this forum for more threads if you have problems.

Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.