AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new JVC SX21 D-ILA projector on order.

A Shunyata Hydra has replaced my PS Audio P600 with Multi-Wave in my audio system. The intend to use the P600 solely for my new SX21.

However, I have the opportunity to sell my P600 then buy a used smaller P300 with Multi-Wave. Is their any benefit to keep the big P600 because of it's "extra" capacity/overhead , even if only a non-CRT projector is plugged into it ?

- Andy

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
What benefits were you seeing with the projector plugged into the PS 600? I currently am using two Alan Maher balanced power conditioners. But, if I can eek out lttile better sharpenss, less background noise and create more 3-d (HD) picture. I'd buy one to plug the Cinema 13HD LCD proj. and PD-1100 DVD PC player into it.

THoughts/feedback?

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Andy, keep the P600. I tried a P300 with my Dwin projector, rated at 220 watts, and initially it was great but picture degraded over time, due I think to instantaneous peak current limiting. No such problem with the P600.

Of course, my P600 is Bybeeized for AC inputs and outputs. And I use the Granite Audio home theater power cord, 25', from the P600 to my projector.

I get the best picture using Multiwave PS2 (square wave) for my Dwin projector and Transcanner 2.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Steve,

Who did your Bybee's on the p600, I have four left over from a speaker project and now i'm wondering if i could put them in my P300. Were are they positioned?

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments !

My P600 has 2 Bybees on the AC inputs. I may as well put 2 more on the output receptacle that will power the SX21.

I was also concerned about the heat the 300 is known to give off.

- Andy

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
I strongly recommend the P600 over the P300. It handles so much more power so easy and I think it looks/sounds better due to this heat dissipation, too. The P300 can be sort of funky in that for example, a DTC-100 or JVC S-VHS VCR plugged into the P300 caused it to run quite hot even though it hardly drew any power, no such problem with a P600.

There's a list of techs at the Bybee website who will do Bybee device installs. My local friend isn't available to the public at large anymore.
www.bybeetech.com

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by srp68
Steve,

Who did your Bybee's on the p600, I have four left over from a speaker project and now i'm wondering if i could put them in my P300. Were are they positioned?
For the P600 I use for my Dwin HD-700 CRT projector, Dwin Transcanner 2 and Extron S-Video switcher, I have one large internal Bybee device on each of two AC lines incoming; and I have one large device right at the start of two of the duplex AC outlet circuits (four devices total); and on the P600 for my front end components I have the same, but I also have one large device for each of the four duplex AC outlet circuits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.