Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope you guys can help to figure out my Powerstrip problem. I just setup a HTPC and loaded with Powerstrip 3.45 with custom resolution for my Sony HS10 running 1368x768 (timing from this forum). However, 1.1 mapping ratio can only be able to archived by manually uninstall the plug &Play monitor driver in control panel, hardware, and than I can go to display properties to select 1368x768 res. Everytime I reboot the HTPC, powerstrip won't start up right away and after 10 seconds it then pops up. I need to click ok and repeat the above steps in control panel to get 1:1 mapping.

Is this normal to use powerstrip ? It feels like due to the delay of starting of powerstrip, XP plug and play detects the regular display 1024x768 and use this res during startup. If somehow I can get powerstrip start as soon as XP starts or put powerstrip running as a service, XP will detect 1368x768 res and use it as native resolution.

Can you guys HTPC experienced users help ??

Many thanks in advance..

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Yes, I had this happen when I first set up Powerstrip with my HS10. It was a while ago, but I think the problem is that you need to remove the plug&play monitor, then install a monitor using an HS10 .inf file before rebooting so that it "sticks" the next time you reboot. You can create the .inf file using Powerstrip, or do a slow search on the HTPC forum and you can probably find the one I posted a few months ago. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi JDLIVE,

I have the HS10.inf file that you posted in the HTPC forum downloaded. Do I just go the control panel - monitor and remove it ? How do I go about to install a new one with HS10.inf ?

Thanks..

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Copy the HS10.inf file to a temporary directory, then go to Device Manager and pick "update driver" from the monitor properties. Use the option to select the location yourself instead of allowing Windows to find a driver and then browse to that folder where you have the .inf file.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow... JDLIVE, you are the man ! the HS10.inf works like a chime.. Thank you so much..

Now, do i need the powerstrip loading everytime when I start the XP ? Is PS just only used for defining the resolution to XP. After do so, I don't have to run PS in order to bring up 1:1 maping (1368x768) ?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
No problem...I still have PS running, but I think I have read you can uninstall it if you want. I think it's only needed to add the custom res entries into the registry. But I am not 100% sure. You may also want to ask in the HTPC forum or search there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.