AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to download POWERSTRIP for use with my HTPC and NEC PG 9000 CRT PROJECTOR but have a question before I begin to use it.

Is it safe to use right away with a crt projector or do I need to use a computer monitor first in case something goes wrong?. I recall that this was the suggestion when intending to use POWERSTRIP with HDTV monitors as a precaution.

Do I need to do this prior to using my CRT projector or can I go ahead and start the set ups with the projector connected first up?

Appreciate any comments.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on everyone,...........don't make me blow up my projector.

Heeeeeellllllllllppppppppp!!!!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Do you have your projector attached to your HTPC? IF not, hook it up and boot to a normal windows resolution, install powerstrip, and run it. You need to know the specs for your projector so you won't overdrive it but other than that, there shouldn't be any issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I always use a computer monitor to set up powerstrip before connecting it up to the projector . when the projector doesn't like the signal ot if you have to experiment a lot with refresh rates, it is easier to switch back to the computer display, then to converge the crt projector to see a readable picture, just to decide that this wasn't what you wanted

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I do have my projector hooked up to my htpc. The PG9000 can scan up to 80khz so there should not be any problem. I'll give it a go .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.