AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use powerstrip with laptop to set proper resolution for Panasonic ED (852x480) plasma? I tried to connect both my laptops (running win XP) to this TV through VGA port. I could clone laptop display to TV, however I could not set resolution even close to plasma set. Both video cards (NVidia GeForce Go on Dell Inspiron I8000 and ATI Mobility FIREGL T2 (9600 chipset) on IBM T41p) gave me only the choice of standard (720x480, 800x600, 1024x768, etc) resolutions. Should I try Powerstrip to set external monitor resolution close to 852x480 or it only works for desktops when plasma TV serves as a primary monitor? Is there any kind of step by step instructions to set laptop to display properly to ED plasma through VGA port? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody use laptop with plasma ED as external monitor? I apologize if it was discussed before but I could not find an answer. My main question whether it is possible to use powerstrip (or any other program) to fine tune resolution for laptop external monitor (Panasonic ED plasma, 852x480)? Or it is impossible and I will just waste my time trying to make it work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.