Hi All,

I'm having a hard time configuring pstrip to work with my setup:

Shuttle SB51G

P4-2.0ghz

256mb ram

AIW7500

AA-9a60

Panasonic PT47WX51 widescreen RPTV 480p/1080i capable

I run Showshifter and Windvd4. The tv is my only monitor and I would like to see a reasonable desktop for web browsing etc. in addition to tv and dvd. I have been using pcanywhere from another pc to set up my tv. I usually end up with fast scrolling unidentifiable weirdness or just a blank screen depending on what I try. Is there any technique I could try, to adjust the real time? I have tried numerous custom resolutions, but I can only get 640x480p to work (barely, huge overscan and way off center). I have searched for info specifically related to my tv but have had no luck. I would love to be able to display a 16:9 widescreen desktop.

Please help me reach nirvana before I pull out all of my hair!

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same TV and have gotten 848x480 for desktop and 1440x540 for dvd to work using karnis' guide. I do have kd transcoder not aa. ensure you use sony gwm monitor as your driver. That was the best tip for me to get more resolutions working. Also set the exact frequency with the tab tip that karnis' guide says. I would usually get a stable picture using the exact settings in the guide and then adjust only a pixel or 2 to straighten out lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey habs9 (a fan of the Rocket I guess??)

Thanks for your reply, could I trouble you for one more tidbit of info...

I exchanged my AA transcoder as I could do nothing to get it to work and picked up a Key Digital. Could you tell me please what the DIP switches on your transcoder are set at??

Thanks again for your help...

Stray (a habs10 fan myself)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for getting back so late. Here are the dip settings.

When looking at it with the numbers across the top. 4 & 9 are up all others are down. I remember trying a few other settings but this worked best.

Actually I am a Habs10 fan too but the 9 comes from another favorite Real Cloutier who was a Nordique.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Set the transcoder dip switches for the VTCA-2 as follows:

1=off

2=off

3=off

9=on *for auto selection of format, no horizontal centering control, let Powerstrip handle positioning*

If no VGA monitor connected via loop thru, then

6=on

7=on

8=on *important, wrong setting will affect brightness*

sync settings:

4=on *but with your Panny you may have to set 4=off for "special panny sync mode"*

5=off *positive sync*

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you both for your help...

I have achieved Nirvana!!! 856 x 480p looks great for my desktop...now to try a 540p setting for DVD!!

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.