AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some wierd problems when connecting my laptop to my HDTV. I have a Pioneer 533 HDTV with a HTPC connected and working. I can play movies and do whatever, everything is fine an picture is good. The problem is if I change the connection from the existing HTPC to my laptop the desktop comes up clear but as soon as I play a movie the movie looks out of sync. The movie looks the same both full screen or in a window.

Has anyone seen this. I swore I saw a fix for this as just a powerstrip setting in the .ini file but for the life of me cannot find the fix

Help

-gagt

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had the same problem. Try all the windows standard reses. start at 640X480 and go up as high as your setup allows. See if the problem still persists throughout the range of all reses. I have a Sanyo Z1 and couldn't get rid of a horizontal scan line that would appear on fast moving scenes. I was using the Powerstrip and tried alot of reses and the problem was still there. I went thru the standard windows reses and found that 1280X768 got rid of the scanline and image looks perfect in size and in detail. I think your problem as well as eveyone eleses lies in the res and a windows driver and a video card to display it properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.