AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed PS for my ATI X1950Pro that is hooked up to my Pioneer PDP-5070 thru a DVI to HDMI cable.

Here's my problem:

I cannot get the advance timing options to work.

I can see the tab but it's grayed out.

I uninstalled and re-installed twice. No luck.

I have my ATI Catalyst software installed. Do I need to uninstall it for it to work?

I know the card supports customer resolutions because the Catalyst software allows for me to do this. The problem with that software is I cannot center the picture using the software. For some reason the option to adjust position is not available when the monitor is hooked up thru the DVI to HDMI cable. It's there when I hook it to the VGA cable. I thought that maybe Powerstrip would solve my problem.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't uninstall your videocard drivers! PowerStrip is *not* a driver. It's a utility that uses (rather auto-detects) the limits imposed by your videocard drivers... so that stuff that might not work will trigger warning msgs, for instance.

So it's of no surprise to me that you're seeing the same options blocked off in PowerStrip as they are in the CCC.

You won't be able to reposition the image when on DVI. It's been my experience too. Don't officially know the reason why. It just is. Maybe somebody can enlighten us both.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratMangler /forum/post/0

You won't be able to reposition the image when on DVI. It's been my experience too. Don't officially know the reason why. It just is. Maybe somebody can enlighten us both.

Any idea if this is a limitation of the Plasma or the ATi card?

I'll buy a GeForce 8600GTS video card if it will allow be to center the picture on my plasma via DVI to HDMI.

Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratMangler /forum/post/0

Don't know. I personally don't have 300$ CDN lying around to buy an extra videocard to see what the differences are, but I'm sure some more wealthy/informed people will be able to answer you.

It's not actually laying around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just built a HTPC with a 8600GT video card instaled and had the same off set picture you described. I instaled powerstrip and too had the greyed out advance tab. I did all the usual stull and still no advance timing access. I went to Powerstrip tech and found out Powerstrip does not support Nvidia 8800 series cards. I am not sure if the adjustment i found in the Nvidia settings are normal or a part of pure video which i instales, but there is plenty of adjustment in there.

Good Luck Dave

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
I've used Powerstrip quite successfully with an x1950 Pro, specifically the advanced timings.

Did you update Powerstrip to the latest version?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W /forum/post/0

I've used Powerstrip quite successfully with an x1950 Pro, specifically the advanced timings.

Did you update Powerstrip to the latest version?

Yes, I have the latest. I'm not sure why it's acting this way.

I just built a new system after posting this thread. I'm now using a 8600GTS.

I haven't tried anything out yet. Still installing software at this point.

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti98 /forum/post/0

I just built a HTPC with a 8600GT video card instaled and had the same off set picture you described. I instaled powerstrip and too had the greyed out advance tab. I did all the usual stull and still no advance timing access. I went to Powerstrip tech and found out Powerstrip does not support Nvidia 8800 series cards. I am not sure if the adjustment i found in the Nvidia settings are normal or a part of pure video which i instales, but there is plenty of adjustment in there.

Good Luck Dave

So for sure Powerstrip does not support nVidia?

I bought a 8600GTS and I still have the same problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.