AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Win XP pro with a ATI 9700 Radeon. When using the pc I have display setting at 1024x768. I would like to be able to play occasional video games on the big screen 16x9 (92" dalite High power). I would be running it through a native 720 HD2 projector.

1. Can I set up power strip to have one display settng forn desktop use and another for use with the projector.

2. If so how do you easily change back and forth between them?

3. I don't understand the timing and clock settings. What are they asking?

4. Do you have a recommendation about refresh rate.

Any advice apprecaiated.

Dan

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
D_B_0673,

!) Yes - Powerstrip can have multiple settings defined.

2) There is a slider in the upper right quadrant of the Powerstip control panel. You move that to select the

desired resolution of those you've programmed. You then click on the button and Powerstrip will change the

resolution to the one you've selected, and put up a dialog box with a button you have to click if you want to keep

the new resolution. Otherwise it will revert to the previous resolution. This is a good safety feature [ you could change

resolutions with Windows control panel ], because if you select a resolution that the monitor can't sync to - you won't

be left with a messed up display.

3) That gets technical. You have to know about the pixel clocks on the video card and the timings and "front porches"

and "back porches" [ timing delays ] .

4) This may be dictated by your display - some displays only accept certain refresh rates. If you have a choice,

and you watch movies a lot, you might want to chose a refresh rate that is an integral multiple of the film refresh

rate of 24 frames per second. That way film frames just get repeated 3 times, for example for a refresh rate of 72.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dr. I will try it. I wish you Livermore close to me :)

dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.