AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ken,

I'm running the Radeon LE, Win98SE, 7199 drivers, and the latest Powerstrip download. All is working well - 1360x1024 and 1360x768 perfect timings from powerstrip for D-ILA. I'm assuming that this is what you were asking?

However, after updating to the 7199 drivers, I had to download the latest version of powerstrip - mine was a couple months old and wouldn't support custom resolutions with 7199 drivers. All runs excellent now with latest versions of everything.

Brian

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - that's what I was looking for - thanks Brian. I'll be switching over to XP, radion and maybe the new TT DVD player soon and I wanted to make sure Powerstrip handled perfect timings for the Radion card.

Mark Hunter convinced me with his recent comparative trials - He has a similar setup to mine and I expect to be moving ahead with Dilard calibration and Colorfacts soon as well. Sounds like Dilard will calibrate to the 10 bit resolution of the Radion.

thanks again-

ken

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brian_vh
Ken,

I'm running the Radeon LE, Win98SE, 7199 drivers, and the latest Powerstrip download. All is working well - 1360x1024 and 1360x768 perfect timings from powerstrip for D-ILA. I'm assuming that this is what you were asking?

However, after updating to the 7199 drivers, I had to download the latest version of powerstrip - mine was a couple months old and wouldn't support custom resolutions with 7199 drivers. All runs excellent now with latest versions of everything.

Brian
Custom resolutions should work on any Power Strip version that accepts them even as far back as 8 months ago. You must have had a build of PS in the middle somewhere when they lost custom T&R. I have build 126 and that one works fine with 7199 drivers.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Ken Liles,

We sure *do* have a similar set-up. I'm using an HTPC with a Radeon card, the TT player (Beta until the real deal ships), PowerStrip with the custom resolutions and a Dilard calibrated projector.

It just keeps getting better....amazing. I'm thinking of adding an ISCO II lens into the mix. You?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mark-

Yep - I was going to do the Panamorph, but I think I'll now do the ISCOII. This is partially due to the fact that I can now physically accomodate a horizontal stretch. In fact, given my short room throw, I'm looking for a larger (wider) image that I can presently throw. Thanks for the great work on ColorFacts!

MikeM-

I think that's right - in fact I had seen and heard that PS wasn't properly supporting custom T&R with Radeon for a while - They must have fixed the problem...

ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.