AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finished my screen this weekend in anticipation for my ordering my AE100 this weekend.

So i skip out of work early and bring home the Infocus lp435z we have for presentations just to test out the screen.

Trying to figure out the custom resolution settings using powerstrip.

I must first say that i am very suprised at the PQ of this POS PJ (IMHO).

I'm considering taking Screenies tonight once it darkens up outside.

So my question, and i'm sure the HTPC forum is the right place to ask, however i was hoping someone here might have had this same problem.

When i got to the "Advanced Timings" section and try to build a custom resolution, it's grayed out !

I have only downloaded the trial version of Powerstrip, so i sure hope it's not that i need to download the full version, i'm a try before you buy kinda guy.

Vid card not support it ? (ATI AIW)

PJ not support it ? (believe it's a native 800x600 which is what it's running)

Any help would be great.

-Eradan

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Hi,

It is the graphics card and the drivers -- you need a Radeon-or-later card, or an nVidia graphics card to support custom resolutions. Then you also need the right graphics drivers. (Usually the latest drivers will work, but verify in the HTPC forum.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you much !...

Now i have a reason to yank that card out of there.

I'll post my results.

Conclusion:

Swapped out that ATI w/ an Nvidia card.

Now bare with me because this PJ is a POS !

So after much searching on the web, turns out the infocus is native 1024x768.

So after playing around w/ all the settings in Powerstrip and PowerDVD. Ordering Vid esc. very soon !

This is what i have to say about this experiment.

UPCONVERTING SUCKS ! It was amazing to see the PQ change so drastically after tweaking the settings in PS and PDVD. Just amazing !

After 2 hrs of tweaking using this horrible PJ i was able to get what i thought was good PQ, i'll try to post some shots i took tonight up somewhere tommorow ( gotta get em off the cam)

So thank you VERY much for the advice. Damn i can't wait to get my AE100.

-Eradan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.