AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone have information regarding the best Powerstrip 3.0 parameter settings for Mitsubish 1st generation 65" RPTV? I just got PNY 128MB DDR GeForce FX 5900SE card.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I'm assuming that you are using the pre-defined settings (960x540p) that came with PS 3.0. without any changes. I tried that too and it is acceptable except that vertical overscan that I can not get rid of. As I uderstand, there's no way to get rid of it completely.

I was wondering if someone found better settings (I mean actuall values for all those different parameters, refresh, Sync, Porch and etc.) that will produce better quality (sharper text) and less oversan.

I'm also looking for the best reslotion selection and its settings for DVD Playback.

Again, I'm using GeForece FX 5900SE Card.

Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
In order to deal with overscan, you want to enter a NEW custom resolution. Start off by setting to 960x540p and centering it. Now, scribble down the numbers on a piece of paper.

Now, decide what new, smaller resolution you want to use within the same timings. You want the new horizontal resolution to be a multiple of 16. For example, 848x480 should be good.

Take the numbers you scribbled down, and replace the "active" numbers with your new smaller resolution dimensions. Now, increase the "front porch" and "back porch" numbers so that the same total active+front+sync+back is acheived. For example, going from 540 to 480 is a difference of 60...so add 30 to both the front porch and back porch.

Now you're ready to define a new resolution by clicking on the "Custom Resolutions" button. Type in the new numbers you've calculated. Then select "lock total geometry", and adjust the horizontal and vertical sync rates to match the original (34, 60). Then, click on "add new resolution". Do this even if the new resolution is the same as an already existing resolution--your new settings will overwrite the old ones.

Now, the computer will want to reboot. Go ahead and reboot. When the system is back up, you can try out your new resolution!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.