AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Samsung 43" dlp tv not too long ago, and have since bought a computer with a matrox g550 video card, and have hooked that up to the pc input of my tv. The Problem is that I can't seem to get my video card to output the exact 720P resolution that is native to the TV. So, I'm going to grab a copy of PowerStrip and set the resolution, refresh, and other settings by hand. I just need to find out what those settings are supposed to be.

Does anybody have enough familiarity with the specs of 720P to be able to tell me exact resolutions/refresh/other settings that I would need to put into PowerStrip to get this working correctly?

As an aside, I've actually seen Windows XP Pro recognize my TV in the display settings as a "Samsung DLP", though I can't seem to get it to do that consistently. Even when it did recognize it, the resolutions that it allowed were extremely wacky, and didn't seem to match any of the normal resolutions (480P, 720P, 1080i, etc.). Is there actually a special win xp driver out there for these TV's?

· Registered
638 Posts
try the htpc forum for more detailed info. I set up my PC over VGA on an hln507w using powerstrip. I didn't even hassle with any of the exact serrings. just used the 1280X720 default in powerstrip. think there is one for HT and one for lcd. tried both, not sure I noticed a diff, or which one I ended up with. Anyhow, its pretty easy but you do have to read the docs (real quick) to figure out where to do the setup.

jb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.