AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any timing settings i seem to set in powerstrip, seem to affect the size and refresh etc, of my crt monitor which is a clone desktop of my HDTV and it doesnt affect any of the display settings on the HDTV, does anyone have any idea why this is happening? or how to get the HDTV settings to work? i really need to fix this nasty overscan. i've tried with only the HDTV hooked up and not the crt, but that doesnt make a difference, as soon as i hook up the crt again, all the settings just get applied to the crt again and not the HDTV

thanks for your help

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok here's how i fixed my prob

when i noticed once when i was installing powerstrip, that it found both the primary and secondary video can for my radeon 9700, but somewhere along the line, it had lost the info that there was a secondary card installed. so i reinstalled powerstrip, but this time it only found the first one again. so at the first screen after installing powerstrip where its auto detecting all of the video cards/ monitors etc... i opened the display properties, and went to the second monitor (hdtv component out) and checked the box "extend my desktop to this monitor", then hit "rescan" in powerstrip, and it found my second display adapter. Then i went into the advanced tab of the windows display properties, and then to the "displays" tab, and changed my HDTV to be my primart display monitor, and to extend the desktop to my CRT monitor. Then i went into powerstrip and messed with all my settings, and timings etc.... and guess what, it affected the hdtv and not my CRT yeah!,

good ole windows, gotta love it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.