AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After updated to the newest build 282, I accidentally clicked "enable multiple monitor." Now I can only get an extended desktop on my secondary output. In the past I always had the same duplicate desktop on both outputs, so if my primary was an 848x480, the secondary was an exact copy of 848x480 desktop, not an extended desktop. I need this to switch between the two outputs, one for my PC monitor, the other my RPTV.

How do I go back to the past condition? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did get back to have both VE outputs display the same desktop, without enabling multiple monitors through Powerstrip, but my RPTV no longer sync to the 848x480 and 1920x1080 timings, whether as primary or secondary output.

The only change I know of is updating Powerstrip from 3.16 to 3.17 and build 282. I want to try and get back to 3.16 see what happens, is there any way to do this?

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've found with my VE, the "trick" is to always unplug the secondary monitor when setting up custom resolutions and to reboot at each step.

Chris

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Chris, that did the trick. However, I used to be able to switch between primary and secondary so I can see my overlay either on my PC or RPTV. Now a switch will mess up my RPTV again, and I had to go through your routine to get it back. As a result I can only leave RPTV as the primary for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.