Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

If I want to rip LD's to HDD through powerVCR, how much space are

we talking about? Let's say a normal 2hour movie.

Thanks,

Nicholas

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
If you want to be able to watch it on the Barco (nice choice, got one of them myself) you'll need to first rip it in a lossless or near lossless format (which probably means about ten gigs per hour) and then DiVX it to a high bitrate. So I'd say about 20 gigs for a two hour movie, if you want it done right. At least that's what I do with my VHS. I haven't gotten around to ripping LDs yet, since I'm quite satisfied with the picture I get form my DVDO Icsan. Bbut some day I'll try... What capture card will you use? That will also play a part. I use Matrox Marvel G400 and it gives a very good picture, but only when ripping with max rate MJPEG. :cool:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried a setting in PowerVCR that took about 1MB a second. Still, I didn't

like the quality! It was very It seemed at if the res was very low.

What settings do you use??

Nicholas

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
First of all you need to dump PowerVCR and download VirtualDub. That works a lot better as it gives you more control. I use the max quality setting there, but afterwords you need to use a few filters. You'll find the description on several webpages, just search for Matrox G400 and VirtualDub and capture, it'll give you a lot to work with. I believe it's a de-interlacing filter you need, but I haven't got that computer at hand right now. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.