AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
634 Posts
I think the difference is significant enough to warrant the upgrade...

But I also think it depends on what source material you watch.

HDTV TV you will probably not see much of a difference...the same goes for video games....

However, BD movies and even HDTV movies you will notice a much larger difference.

If you want a middle ground try to find a used 1080ub. It will have better blacks than that 6100, be cheaper than both most likely, and is much smaller.

I do like the FI on the 6500ub though...

· Registered
980 Posts
I went with the 6500 because of better contrast ratio, which will be noticable, reon processor for making SD content look better and especially for the frame interpolation. Having FI has set me on a trend of buying numerous HD movies because they look so amazing. With my other hd tvs and pjs without FI, I sometimes found the jump to HD less than expected. Some people would comment the same thing that the difference wasn't very big. Now with FI all my movies except for a few such as Traffic look amazing. I couldn't buy another tv without it. Art at projecorreviews found both 6100/6500 to put out the same light output which was 2200 lumens in brightest uncalibrated.

· Registered
41 Posts
What FI setting do you keep it on?

I keep mine on low and it is noticable but i am thinking if i should one up the setting. PJ is only used for Blu and SD movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d james /forum/post/16851809

I went with the 6500 because of better contrast ratio, which will be noticable, reon processor for making SD content look better and especially for the frame interpolation. Having FI has set me on a trend of buying numerous HD movies because they look so amazing. With my other hd tvs and pjs without FI, I sometimes found the jump to HD less than expected. Some people would comment the same thing that the difference wasn't very big. Now with FI all my movies except for a few such as Traffic look amazing. I couldn't buy another tv without it. Art at projecorreviews found both 6100/6500 to put out the same light output which was 2200 lumens in brightest uncalibrated.

· Registered
4,189 Posts
One reason I went with a 6500 over a 6100 is the inorganic versus organic LCD panels. Inorganic should last longer without color-change problems. (In any case, any problems with panels might not appear for a number of years.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.