AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Blu-Ray in PowerDVD and, it's kind of hard to describe, but I'm having issues with the picture quality. I want to say artifacting, clipping, something of that sort, it's most noticeable when I look at faces. It's like their skin is slightly pixelated, or during fast movements it's more prevalent. I hope I'm describing it in a way that's understandable, I'd really like to get it fixed. Could this be a driver and/or codec conflict of some sort?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I just installed my OEM version of PowerDVD 7 and upgraded it to Ultra 7.3 via Cyberlink's website, and in 7.3 those issues are non-existent. What's the deal?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at that in PowerDVD 8 though and it had the checkbox marked as using the AVIVO "Hardware" Decoder. Was that inaccurate?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 /forum/post/15484242

I looked at that in PowerDVD 8 though and it had the checkbox marked as using the AVIVO "Hardware" Decoder. Was that inaccurate?

That may just mean AVIVO for some features and MPEG2 decoding. Use of the H.264 decoder may requre separate driver calls and these I believe are only used by the Ultra versions of PowerDVD. I am not sure of this but this is how it works with Nvidia PureVideoHD capable cards and PowerDVD versions

·
Registered
16,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 /forum/post/15484242

That may just mean AVIVO for some features and MPEG2 decoding. Use of the H.264 decoder may requre separate driver calls and these I believe are only used by the Ultra versions of PowerDVD. I am not sure of this but this is how it works with Nvidia PureVideoHD capable cards and PowerDVD versions.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wish I could tell you but PowerDVD doesn't allow me to uncheck that box. It's just checked and greyed out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts