AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PQ looks stunning again especially the sideline cameras. Just as good as the Pacers vs Celtics last night. Damn, I'm getting spoiled

·
Registered
888 Posts
I was just going to post if anybody noticed just how good the NBATV-HD broadcasts are. All the other networks should take a lesson here. In New York, I am watching via Time Warner Cable and a SA3100-HD Box on my Pioneer PDP-503CMX Plasma. All I can say is WOW. CBS and ABC's broadcast are both excellent, HBO and Showtime, it depends on the source material, but this NBATV is just awesome. DD 5.1, all the commercials are formatted to 16:9, no change back to 4:3 from 16:9. I find myself watching games I wouldn't normally be interested in just because the picture sucks me in.

·
Registered
426 Posts
As a SPURS and Bestern conference fan I will gladly admit the I watched the whole game!!!! PQ was awesome and the 5.1 suitable for a ballgame. Did not care for the squished commercials but since they paid for the game who cares. Total progam was 100% better than the Superbowl or the recent CBS (?) coverage of the college finals . I too watched it over San Antonio's TWC using their 3100HD input via component cables into a Sony 40XBR800

·
Registered
273 Posts
I watched the Pacers-Celtics game 5 in high def from Time Warner Cable on my new NEC HT1000 front projector. I have no screen yet, I'm just projecting on an off-white living room wall and getting about a 72 inch diagonal picture.

It was the most spectacular sight yet on my projector. The colors were unbelievable. It was truly a thrilling experience, and with 6.1 surround sound as well. It was better than actually being at the game!!! It is like looking out a window at the game, right there on my living room wall! WOW.

I love not having to have a television set in my living room. I have a 36 inch Toshiba in the bedroom, but I just store the projector on my a-v equipment stack and put it on a coffee table when I want to use it in the living room. The only downside to not having an actual screen is daytime viewing. I still use the Toshiba for that and I'm fine with only using the projector for nighttime viewing as it saves bulb life.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slouque

PQ looks stunning again

Yep, about as good as it currently gets!

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Whoever says that 1080i can't deliver stunning basketball hasn't seen these past few games...

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv
Whoever says that 1080i can't deliver stunning basketball hasn't seen these past few games...
Oh, but don't all those interlace artifacts just drive you crazy? ;)

ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.