Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

[Your welcome...but I needed to cut back the number of thank you's in your post. 50 or so was a little much. :)]

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good one - my guess is that's Alan. Or is it David?

I think the price range should be higher if you are going to call this the High-end forum. Maybe $5000.00. Even a really good rear projection set runs 5K.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
It was me. :) I edited it too quick and the tag line was not added.

Alan and I working on this idea now and you are right. Change made.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Ummm... you didn't get rid of the AE100! :p It's a HT projector. It may be low price but it's "High End" in performance! :D

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
"...you didn't get rid of the AE100! It's a HT projector...."

Not on our planet it's not. :) That is why we have the $$$ values on the new forums. :D

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JPinto:

I am not kidding you when I tell you that the only thought I had when I saw the new forum is I hope JPinTo still visits.

Just don't bring your AE-100 with you when you come :D.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
[email protected]! Don't slam my AE100-- I DIDNT BUY IT FROM JAPAN! 100% legit baby! :D

BTW: Good luck getting them noobs to that forum! :p

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Your ambiguous forum titles still lets the AE100 in. Here's my reference:

Home Cinema Projector

Now you can enjoy the powerful, high-quality video camera images associated with DVDs plus the sound quality of surround systems, in the comfort of your own home. Panasonic's PT-AE100 Home Cinema Projector achieves the powerful, high-quality images essential for a true cinema experience. Connect it to your game machine and prepare to be blown away by the latest video games played on a big screen. You can also connect it to your PC and enjoy surfing the vastness of the Internet, including giant-sized video mail.

http://www.panasonic.ca/english/audi...ema/index.html

List price is $4499.95 CDN... with taxes it's $5170.00... We're still in with the big boys! :p

Recommended delineation:

Digital Projectors - $5,000USD MSRP+

Digital Projectors -

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is that $5000 retail or street price?

What if I paid less than $3K for a B Stock version of a new projector which is greater than $5K retail but less than $5K street? :)

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Ohh! Good one!

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JPinTO
Your ambiguous forum titles still lets the AE100 in.

List price is $4499.95 CDN... with taxes it's $5170.00... We're still in with the big boys!
David:

Please up the price range to >$5170.00.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The dollar figure seems an impractical way to draw the line. What happens when the street price of a particular "high-end" projector drops below the line? Confusion, that's what.

I can't think of an alternative, though.

I really hate that the forum has been split. I've learned so much from the experts like Guy Kuo, Mr Wiggles, Morbius, and so on. But my budget doesn't allow me to consider high-end projectors. I have to be content with my LT150. And I doubt the experts will spend much time in the Budget Forum.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MedDawg
Is that $5000 retail or street price?

What if I paid less than $3K for a B Stock version of a new projector which is greater than $5K retail but less than $5K street? :)
Exactly! Forget B-stock... PLV60 is $4200 Street.... MSRP way more than $5000. And even you "HT snobs" :p can't call it a presentation projector.... (although perhaps you can because it's LCD.)

QQQ--- I get the hint! I'm outie!

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Hey Rick...

"And I doubt the experts will spend much time in the Budget Forum."

That is why you are allowed to go into any forum. :) This is a way to also help the new people to home theater. How? Simple...If someone can only afford to spend $2,500 on a projector...then they know the forum area to help them and do not have to read about a $10,000 unit or the tweaks for it.

At the same time...the members with units that have cost much more do not have to wade though these new breed of projectors that come in at a lower price point. (Note....they are good projectors...But you put one side by side with a hi-end unit you can see the difference as most of you know.)

Yes...Prices change...But we needed to do something. We also could not think of a way other than making a forum area for each unit. That is just too many forums.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I like the idea of two forums.. I think it just has some bugs to be worked out.. High end could be for under 5k.. Rather than say 5000 + you should say something like "Generally more than $5,000USD..."

I just personally think Hi-End and Low-End(or presentation, etc) are usually opinions left up to the consumer.. Maybe label it more like:

High Performance Digital Projectors - Generally $5000 USD and Up

and

Presentation and Other Digital Projectors - Generally Under $5000 USD

Just my thoughts, Good idea, i like it alot

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
I like the word "Generally".

I kept the word Hi-End, and do agree with you, but also High Performance can be taken the same way.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rickforrest
The dollar figure seems an impractical way to draw the line. What happens when the street price of a particular "high-end" projector drops below the line? Confusion, that's what.

I can't think of an alternative, though.

I really hate that the forum has been split. I've learned so much from the experts like Guy Kuo, Mr Wiggles, Morbius, and so on. But my budget doesn't allow me to consider high-end projectors. I have to be content with my LT150. And I doubt the experts will spend much time in the Budget Forum.
:eek:

I will frequent that section as it suits me.

:eek:

Now fetch me my slippers...

-Mr Wigggles

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by David Bott
I like the word "Generally".

I kept the word Hi-End, and do agree with you, but also High Performance can be taken the same way.
That suggests it is open to interpretation (someone interprets 4700 to mean "generally" 5000). Nothing is perfect but I think you should just keep it an exact number. Now it is confusing and unclear IMHO.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Yes...but as was pointed out...the PLV60 is less than the amount and will stay in this area.

It is all just words and this can just go on and on with how it should be stated. If someone can not understand the intent......well.....I just feel sorry.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.