Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm installing a seperate mast on the garage(detached)

with an additional antenna to pick up DT stations in opposite directions(using DTC-100 w/two inputs).Total length of the run will be about 200ft.

My question is whether to locate the pre-amp power supply in the garage,close to the antenna,or in the house.Or,will it make any difference?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If the stations are a good distance away and unlikely to overload the preamp, definitely locate it close to the antenna to overcome line loss.

If the station are close to you they MAY cause overload in the preamp.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It should not matter where the power supply is located.

12v is 12v

The garage should be fine

If not better than in the house

In the house the voltage may drop before it reaches the amp at the antenna because of the 200' run.

P.S. its not ANOTHER 150 footer is it?

Peace

woot

·
Registered
258 Posts
If it is a two piece preamp, which I'm assuming it is from your description of a power supply, then the power supply should be mounted close to the receiver but before any splitters, and the amp should be mounted close to the antenna.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Sorry, I misread the question, thinking you were talking about the location of the preamp rather than its power supply. I guess we're talking about an antenna-mounted preamp with a remote power supply.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got home.

Thanks for all the replies.

David,yes it's a CM7777 2-piece pre-amp.I was just wondering which configuration would produce the highest signal level at the receiver.I think I'll use Rg-11 either way I go.

Woot,

"Another 150 footer?"

Are you kidding? I don't use anything*that*short!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.