AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any place selling premodded SDI DVD players? I know immersive offers the upgrade.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a friend who's a dealer and he was getting me the Leeza. According to the local Key Digital distributor, the distributor can get an RP91 w/ SDI (modded by Key Digital).

At the time I was purchasing this (3 months ago), Key was having problems obtaining an RP91, but had an RP56 w/ SDI in stock. I wanted DVD-A and since I couldn't wait, I cancelled my order, bought my own RP91, and had Immersive to the mod. You might want to contact Key Digital regarding the RP91. If you want the RP56 w/ SDI, they should have some since they are giving that away with a Leeza purchase.

I believe Vigatec ( www.vigatec.de ) sells Pioneer players with SDI, but these players have the chroma bug (not unless they somehow fixed the bug using their SDI board).

From reading the Ayre and PMDT threads, the PMDT has a plugin card for SDI and the Ayre will be coming out with an SDI option for its player.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just purchased the Panasonic DVD RV-30 with the SDI mod for $695. We'll see how that goes.

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
Immersive for the US, KeyDigital in the US and Vigatec in Europe.

TAW also sells their own brand of SDI player (not premodded Panasonic), but their unit is an expensive high-end solution (> $2000, I believe).

Those are the only companies doing it for the moment.

My hat is off for all of them for both guts & expertise.

I got a premodded SDI player from KeyDigital (RP56 with multiregion mod from CKNA). Couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't find anything listed on Key Digital's site. Is it by special request? If you don't mind me asking oferlaor, how much did you pay for yours?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
For completeness sake, Europeans can also go with BoosterCorp in France and FunctionDVD in the UK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i am also intererested in a modified dvd, www.cinematrix-usa.com shows modified dvd players, the soney 9000es and pioneer 47a, they also will mod most any unit, thier mod is a scaler though. i am interested in finding out out it performs and with which outboards scalers it would most compare with.

any info ?

robert baker

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
llogen,

They are basically bundling it with their scalers. However, they do occasionally sell them individually (as they did in my case). Sadly, I still don't have enough cash to afford their scaler (enough cash that my wife will let me spend on it, that is...).

Mine was more costly than the typical unit since it had to go through a second modification (CKNA on this forum modded the unit for multiregion and PAL support).

It was also the silver kind (which is very rare these days).

I'm hoping my satellite company will switch my receiver to their silver unit (all my upgraded units are now silver, yey!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.