Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

What should I do before mounting a projector on my ceiling? I'm taking delivery of an E-home 8500 (non-LC) and want to make sure everything is working before I drill holes. Here's my tentative checklist (please critique!):

1) Inspect tube faces. If I take the lenses off are they easy to get back on?

2) Check for loose boards.

3) Check SW version (hor. linearity) & resistors for anamorphic mod. Should the chip have a version # on it or will I need to check the PJ's setup menu?

4) Power on & setup raster sizes. Should the lenses be on or off?

5) turn off R&B guns and determine distance from screen (turn off blanking & have 1.5" border around the screen). How should the lens be focused for determining mounting distance?

6) Mount PJ (unistrut).

7) Begin with mechanical focus...

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Greg_R
Hi everyone,

What should I do before mounting a projector on my ceiling? I'm taking delivery of an E-home 8500 (non-LC) and want to make sure everything is working before I drill holes. Here's my tentative checklist (please critique!):

1) Inspect tube faces. If I take the lenses off are they easy to get back on?

>>Just some Allen screws; you will need a long extender to reach those; why buy a unit if you haven't priorly seen pix of the tubes?

2) Check for loose boards.

>>I advise taking the horizontal deflection board slot cover and building a shim in it with a few layers of duct tape in half-inch strips to hold the board up into it's mb connector

so she don't get loose.

3) Check SW version (hor. linearity) & resistors for anamorphic mod. Should the chip have a version # on it or will I need to check the PJ's setup menu?

>>Fire up the unit and push the * button on the keypad to read out software version; v3.3 and higher software versions have h. linearity adjustment, a desirable feature.

4) Power on & setup raster sizes. Should the lenses be on or off?

>>Lenses on is fine; we recommend setting H. Size to 95, feed all your signals into the unit, figure out which signal

delivers the least width, then back the machine up to just fill the screen width.

5) turn off R&B guns and determine distance from screen (turn off blanking & have 1.5" border around the screen). How should the lens be focused for determining mounting distance?

>>Not sure what you mean by that.

>>Last thing before you bolt brackets to the underside of the Marquee, remove the underside vent plate (eight screws)and locate the wire bundles inside with fans below the wire bundles. You want to get some ten inch lengths of electrical tape and tape the wires up against the sheet metal, or you risk having the wires fall into the fans later, necessitating pulling the unit off the ceiling.

6) Mount PJ (unistrut).

7) Begin with mechanical focus...

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tim,

Thanks for the response!

Quote:
why buy a unit if you haven't priorly seen pix of the tubes?
I've seen pictures of a unit with very nice tubes. Hopefully that's the one that arrives!

Evidently this unit was sold by you to the seller I'm purchasing it from. I'm assuming most of these mods are already done (I just want to double check and make sure before mounting it to the ceiling). Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.