1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Still too much for a roster update.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yep, too bad they don't release sports games every other year, yet I find myself with almost every NHL game that comes out

They always fix just enough... jerks

·
Banned
2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/14246607

Still too much for a roster update.

Not a roster update this year from what I've seen. This year the PS3 actually gets a version technically on par with the 360 version - what a concept. 60 frames per second looks great. The new animations look pretty good too. I sold my copy of 08 because it was terrible and I'll probably be let down again this year, but 09 actually looks pretty decent. I'm still waiting for "next-gen" football to match the renderings we were shown long before either console launched though...LOL!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ya know.... In this generation of gaming they should have roster updates available for download (for a price of course).

That way if you don't care to get a couple of new bells and whistles that come with the new madded, you can get updated player/team rosters/stats.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just passing it along folks. No need to shoot the messenger.

My copy was free since I had a $100 gift certificate at the NFLshop from my Samsung TV purchase.

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
i dunno...every year..ea said this is the best madden there is with the new improve "gimicky" feature. i fall for it everytimes...so i stop buying madden as of last year cuz of all the garbage uses' review. this year...i will be careful too, i will wait a couple of weeks first and read all the users reviews and decide if i get it or not.

·
Registered
545 Posts
From what I've read and from what in-game footage I've seen this years Madden seems to be a bit more than pedestrian roster updates, then again EA does has a long way to go before it earns the trust back of many avid footballers, at least on the PS3.

I too, usually fall prey to the Madden titles every season - last yeas ('08) was a decent game but it carried more than it's fair share of flaws on this side of the 50 (so to speak) so hopefully EA has leveled the playing field and '09 is "technically and visually" on par with it's rival platforms. I think I'll be waiting as well....but chances are I'll either be picking this title up or receiving it as a gift for my b-day at the end of Aug.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think I'll be getting it for the ps2 again. I traded my ps3 08 for an ps2 08 the guys at Gamestop thought I was crazy! I told them if I wanted 360 controls I woulda bought an xbox 360!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like they don't have the PS3 version listed for pre-order anymore.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I managed to get the collector's addition for like $72 yesterday when I first saw the deal in slickdeals.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetram /forum/post/14246735

Ya know.... In this generation of gaming they should have roster updates available for download (for a price of course).

That way if you don't care to get a couple of new bells and whistles that come with the new madded, you can get updated player/team rosters/stats.

Agreed, and games like Tiger Woods should have downloadable courses and clothing options for the store. The EA model of new release every year just p!sses me off to high hell. Its pretty sad when Tiger Woods 04 is still a better game than 05-08. I bought Madden in 06 and wont make that mistake again. No more Madden for me until there are some drastic changes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No reason to buy any EA Sports product that they have ZERO competition for.

ever wonder why NCAA March Madness, NHL, FIFA and NBA Live are usually pretty good and get better every year?

Because Konami and 2K Sports put out a pretty good competing product that EA has to contend with!

College Hoops, Pro Evoluton Soccer and respective NHL and NBA games are all quality products.

EA is the only player when it comes to NCAA Football and Madden, however, and they know they'll get your money no matter what they do. Competition is good....Monopoly bad

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I don't think most of you are nfl nuts. I love online. So every year I buy a new madden. It provides year long fun. Why would ea release a download when it is the biggest seller. They want to make money. They really don't care about you plebs. They care about the almighty dollar. I like the 60 fps. I don't like how many fumbles in this version. Each year, they make small improvements. But if you want to play online, you get one. Its that simple. Rent it for a few days and go back to cod4 or whatever fps you love.

·
Registered
256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepoker /forum/post/14251772

Looks like they don't have the PS3 version listed for pre-order anymore.

yea what happened ? did they pull it? that was a pretty good deal 25% off order, put one through for myself already ealrier - but sent word to someone and they couldnt find it now!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
mindwarper -- how do you deal with the fact that the breed of football played in madden online is a preposturous bastardization of the actual game, devoid of any nuance, strategy or discipline? i love playing online too, but it's a love-hate relationship. i love the game of football, and the game of football is not dropping back 28 yards, scramble in every direction, bomb it down the field without looking, off your back foot, on the run, and completing that pass to terrell owens 99 times out of 100. it drives me crazy...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispeck /forum/post/14252895

No reason to buy any EA Sports product that they have ZERO competition for.

ever wonder why NCAA March Madness, NHL, FIFA and NBA Live are usually pretty good and get better every year?

Because Konami and 2K Sports put out a pretty good competing product that EA has to contend with!

College Hoops, Pro Evoluton Soccer and respective NHL and NBA games are all quality products.

EA is the only player when it comes to NCAA Football and Madden, however, and they know they'll get your money no matter what they do. Competition is good....Monopoly bad

Are you kidding? March Madness and Live are absolute CRAP. EA doesn't even put accurate rosters or schedule in March Madness. They still had the number and attributes of players that left LAST YEAR to go to the NBA.

·
Banned
1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGonk /forum/post/14253649

mindwarper -- how do you deal with the fact that the breed of football played in madden online is a preposturous bastardization of the actual game, devoid of any nuance, strategy or discipline? i love playing online too, but it's a love-hate relationship. i love the game of football, and the game of football is not dropping back 28 yards, scramble in every direction, bomb it down the field without looking, off your back foot, on the run, and completing that pass to terrell owens 99 times out of 100. it drives me crazy...

so true...just boycott ea madden this year. one thing is right..$$$ talks. dont get the game and ea will understand they need to improve their products. if u really are addicted, rent the game from blockbuster or gamefly, play it for awhile until you return them. then wait a month or 2 and buy it as a used game from the website like ebay or half.com for half the price.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio /forum/post/14252236

Agreed, and games like Tiger Woods should have downloadable courses and clothing options for the store. The EA model of new release every year just p!sses me off to high hell. Its pretty sad when Tiger Woods 04 is still a better game than 05-08. I bought Madden in 06 and wont make that mistake again. No more Madden for me until there are some drastic changes.

Actually, there ARE drastic changes from 06 to 09.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts