AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if/how many have Pre-Ordered the Toshiba DST-3100!!!

I saw it on the J&R site for about $550 and wanted to know what you guys were thinking about this unit.

It seems to be the cheapest of the new releases.

Dave

·
Registered
414 Posts
Since its Toshiba's first generation in house design, I'm also afraid it might be the least desirarable of the forthcoming boxes due to hit very very soon. If you're already spending $550 on it, why not consider a third gen box from LG for $50-$100 more?

BTW, D* hardware department has put their faith in the new LG at least for the time being......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Funny thing is I have preordered 2 of these 7 weeks ago and this is the first time this subject has come up in at least 3 weeks. Seems no one knows when the hell these are due out???

frustrated,

rtrott

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. i haven't ordered anything yet, I was mainly wondering what your opinions are on this unit.

Dave

·
Registered
33,776 Posts
Dave, I really think you'd be better off spending a bit more and getting the Sony HD300. Consider that the HD200/Zenith 520 are probably the best boxes out there now and the updated units will probably address the few problems the current models have such as disappearing custom guides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.