AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a house and haven't bought any of this yet (besides my 5.1 speakers) but on a budget and think my preferred configuration may work. Just not sure.

For receivers I'm thinking Denon X3000 or Yamaha RX A830.

My #1 question is can I use the zone 2 (or the mains) pre out to carry a signal to a powered soundbar in another room, while at the same time have speakers on the porch plugged into the powered zone 2 amp of the receiver? Basically so the porch speakers and soundbar in the living room can be playing the same source.

My plan is to have 5.1 in the game room where the receiver will be located. Run the powered zone 2 to the porch, and run the zone 2 pre-outs via cat5 converter to the living room where there will be a powered sound bar. This way I will be able to play all on the same source if I'd like to, hopefully. Wanting to know of this is possible with these receivers or any receivers. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply smoothie,

Just to confirm the pre-outs of zone 2 will still pass the signal even if I'm playing speakers hard wired to the amp of zone 2? Basically it's not an 'either or' scenario, and both can be used simultaneously?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought the Denon X3000 and tested it. It's confirmed, at least on that unit you can use the zone 2 pre-outs as well as the powered speakers from the amp simultaneously.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts