AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using a Pioneer 850 receiver with a Bryston 2BLP driving the center and an Adcom driving the mains. I am using the Pioneer for the surrounds but I could put those on the Adcom as well.

I use a Pronto pro with the RF extender as my equipment is rack mounted in it's own room. My problems are two fold with the Pioneer.

1. It does not have discretes for DSP and DTS modes hence since I can't see the display I have to walk into the A/V room to see what mode I am in. I find this defeating the purpose of my setup.

2. I have speakers on the patio set up as B channel. In Pioneers infinite wisdom they did not provide a way to switch speakers with the remote. You can only do it from a button on the face of the receiver.

Other then these 2 things I have no problem with anything else. I was going to get the new Outlaw 950 but from what I have read on their forum I believe it is lacking discretes for sound fields as well per Scott to a poster there. I am going to double check on this though. I would like something current that has discretes for as much as possible including what I don't have on the Pioneer and also A/B switching via remote. I would like to stay around $2000 or under not including another amp if I find a great Pre/pro I have to have otherwise an integrated unit will do power not an issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.