AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question on a HT setup. Whats better, the Marantz 9300 or the Rotel RSX-1055 or the Elite 47TX? I was also looking at the Rotel setup of the RSP-1066 with a RMB-1075 and the Outlaw pre/pro 950 with the 7100 amp. Which is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks for the help,

Anthony

·
Registered
283 Posts
In the end, you have to think about upgrading. There isn't one of us who isn't thinking about the 'next best thing'. If you go the separates route, you shouldn't have to think about the amp. Ampliflier technology progresses at a much slower rate than pre/pro technology. If you go with the rotel or outlaw separates and pre/pro technology suddenly jumps up, you only have to upgrade the pre/pro. The amp should be just fine.

There are others out there who will swear that any separate will outperform any receiver. The logic is based on the assumption that each component should have its own power supply and not have to contend with the other's electronics. Your ears have to confirm such musings.

But, if it were my dollars, I'd go with the Rotel or Outlaw separates simply for the upgrade savings.

David

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joseki
But, if it were my dollars, I'd go with the Rotel or Outlaw separates simply for the upgrade savings.

David
I agree with David. There are some mighty fine receivers out there, the Rotel RSX 1065 and 1055 being one, but the separates will probably give you the most flexible upgrade path.

I have tried the Outlaw 950/7100 outlaw, but ended up going with the Rotel RSX 1065. While the Outlaw was good, I thought the Rotel worked better with my speakers; I just liked it better.

Now, though, I am exchanging the 1065 with a RSX1055/RMB1075 combo.

The rationale: I will use the 1055 as a pre/pro, which has the same features as the 1066 with almost par performance, and $200 less. The 1055 also gives me the tuner and extra amps I can use for the rears if I decided to go the 7.1 route someday. :rolleyes:

And, if I upgrade the 1055 to, say, RSP 1098 pre/pro, I have a full blown receiver I can use for somewhere else.

Regards,

Go, anyone? About 8 kyu here...:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.