Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my family is moving soon to a house about 17 years old and we're renovating most of the interior. I figured this is the best chance to run all the wiring I can to make the house futureproof. I'm already planning on home-running 2 Cat5es (maybe CAT6) and an RG-6 to every bedroom and major areas (this is in addition to the existing phone and coaxial run that is likely to be there already).

We're probably going to be sticking with cable (maybe digital, maybe not) but I figured I should probably pre-wire for satellite as well, just in case. Is an RG-6 drop from my attic down to the basement (where all the cable is split and run from) all I need?

·
Registered
438 Posts
yeah I'd go 4 or so for satellite, 1 for OTA HD, and 1 for OTA SD - of course you could use any of the RG-6s for anything - so 6 ought to do.

·
Registered
732 Posts
With all the new birds being launched by Dish and Direct, we have gotten to the point of running 9 lines to the roof.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
At the moment, some regions need a second dish for locals so that gets bumped to six in those areas. New satellite positions for HD locals in the top market areas are due this November. Five may not do the trick for long.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I just got my house wired and I just run 3 from each room. 2 for the satellite and 1 for the OTAHD (who cares about OTASD). I do not use TIVO, but decided to run an spare just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.