AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a related topic in the amps receivers, and pros forum, but I have been noticing that many lower end A/V receivers have multi channel preamp inputs.

1) What exactly are these used for? I'm assuming they are for connection of some sort of external surround processing.

2) Does anyone here actually use these inputs, or even know anyone that does?

Thnx

· Registered
6,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chughes1614 /forum/post/16843375

I posted a related topic in the amps receivers, and pros forum, but I have been noticing that many lower end A/V receivers have multi channel preamp inputs.

1) What exactly are these used for? I'm assuming they are for connection of some sort of external surround processing.

2) Does anyone here actually use these inputs, or even know anyone that does?

Thnx

The most likely current application is with players (BR, SACD, DVD-A...) that have MC analog outs.

They could also be used for external processors, but that application is pretty much over with until you step up to the better Pre/Pros, and in those cases, you most likely are using some decent external power amps rather than a AVR.

Back in the early days of DVD (1998), I had a Sony DD decoder that I connected to my Marantz AVR (pre-digital) via MC analog.

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.