AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RS double bow tie antenna hooked up to my DTC-100 and I can get only 1 out of 5 stations that broadcast digital in my area. I bought the RS amp that I have seen recommended on this board but it didn't do anything. The signal from the one station I could get before went from around 80 down to 65 and all other four stations are still too week for my DTC to lock onto them.

-Marc

·
Registered
224 Posts
Amps are primarily used to compensate for signal loss in long cable runs, which you apparently don't have. You are doing more harm than good probably because it is amplifying noise. If you want to stay with an indoor antenna, get a silver sensor (do a search of this site; lots of kudos). If you are more ambitious, put an outdoor antenna in your attic or on your roof. A pre-amp might be useful if you do this.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much is the Silver Sensor ? I've read from many people that they have great success with the RS double bow tie antenna. I'm unfortunatly not one of them. So I could get the same (bad)results with another antenna i.e. silver sensor. I would like to use a rooftop antenna but I can't because I live in an apartment and am therefore stuck with an indoor antenna.

-Marc

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quote:
I would like to use a rooftop antenna but I can't because I live in an apartment and am therefore stuck with an indoor antenna.
Marc,

Is your landlord saying no, cuz Uncle Sam says otherwise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.