AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around informally, and can't seem to find what I want (for a reasonable price).

I currently have a Yamaha DSP-A2070 mated to a Marantz DP-870 (for Dolby Digital). I am driving the speakers with 5 MA500 mono block amps. This works, but is kind of kludgey and has limited digital capability. I am looking to upgrade but keep running into limitations.

What I need/want:

Laser Disk RF digital in (this seems to be the hardest to find).

Multiple coax and optical digital in.

Ability to use external amps.

7.1 capability - will only use 5.1 for now.

What I would like:

Pre-Amp only - this would cut down on heat and increase bang for the buck.

Phono in (this has also disappeared from most units).

I have just about given up on the LD RF in and phono in being present on any modern unit. I could live without phono, but really want the RF in. Don't want to have to deal with two surround processors for much longer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing I have thought of (not my perfect solution, but possibly the most cost effective for now):

Get the Outlaw 950 processor, and leave the DP870 in place for LD (small % of my viewing). The wife would probably end up watching all LD material in DPL instead of DD, but she wouldn't really notice anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.